This edition: Eli M. Noam, author, "Media Ownership and Concentration in America."Tweet
Original tape date: December 8, 2009.
Doug is joined by Eli M. Noam, Professor of Finance and Economics at the Columbia Business School. He has written over 400 articles and has authored, edited, and co-edited about 25 books. His most recent book, “Media Ownership and Concentration in America” provides a comprehensive and balanced survey of media concentration with a methodical, scientific approach. They discuss the concentration of private power over media and the recent upheavals caused by private companies acquiring media outlets.
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
Eli M. Noam Prof. of Finance and Economics, Columbia Business School
- James D. Zirin, Author: "The Mother Court"
- Tuesday, July 24 - 2:30am
- "New York's New Edge" authors David Halle & Elisabeth Tiso
- Tuesday, July 31 - 2:30am
- Thomas P. DiNapoli: New York State Comptroller
- Tuesday, August 7 - 2:30am
- Prof. Ron Daniels - Selma: Historical Event and the Movie
- Tuesday, August 14 - 2:30am
- Robert Paaswell: CCNY Institute of Urban Systems
- Tuesday, July 17 - 2:30am
- Ed Rollins-Sr. Presidential Fellow, Hofstra Univ.
- Tuesday, July 10 - 2:30am
- Bill Rudin, chairman, Association for a Better New York
- Wednesday, July 4 - 9:00am, 3:30pm, 10:30pm
- Thursday, July 5 - 9:00pm
- Heather Quinlan: Documentary Filmmaker/The 86 Mets
- Tuesday, July 3 - 2:30am
- Chancellor James B. Milliken
- Tuesday, June 26 - 2:30am