This edition: Colum McCann, author "Let the Great World Spin"Tweet
Original tape date: January 12, 2010.
Colum McCann joins Doug in this episode to talk about New York and his new book "Let the Great World Spin." The internationally acclaimed author of two short story collections and five previous novels, including the best sellers “Dancer” and “Zoli,” McCann is also known for his “Everything in this Country Must,” which was nominated for an Academy Award as best live-action short in 2004. McCann has taught in Hunter College's MFA Creative Writing programs for nearly 5 years. In November, “Let the Great World Spin” won the 2009 National Book Award - the top American Literary prize - for fiction.
Colum McCann Author
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
- William P. Kelly, Interim Chancellor-Designate, CUNY
- Tuesday, March 20 - 2:30am
- John Strausbaugh, author, "The Village: A History of Greenwich Village."
- Tuesday, March 13 - 2:30am
- Cyrus R. Vance, Jr., District Attorney, New York County
- Tuesday, March 6 - 2:30am