This edition: Eli Silverman, co-author of a survey of retired police officials who were asked about the effectiveness of CompstatTweet
Original tape date: March 9, 2010.
Join Doug in this episode as he welcomes Eli B. Silverman, Professor Emeritus from John Jay College of Criminal Justice/CUNY and co-author, with John Eterno of Molloy College, of a survey of retired police officials who were asked about the effectiveness of CompStat. CompStat is the NYPD's accountability process designed to map crime and identify problems. According to Prof. Silverman's survey, however, CompStat's reported decline in crime in NYC may not be as wonderful as it seems. The survey study will be included in the forthcoming book “Compstat Unveiled: The Naked Truth” which Prof. Silverman is writing with Prof. Eterno.
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
Eli. B. Silverman Professor of Law, Political Science and Criminal Justice Administration, John Jay College of Criminal Justice/CUNY
- George A. King III. - NY Post
- Tuesday, April 24 - 2:30am
- Richard Ravitch - State Budget Crisis Task Force
- Tuesday, April 17 - 2:30am
- "One Doctor" by Brendan Reilly, M.D.
- Tuesday, April 10 - 2:30am
- Jerry Capeci & Tom Robbins, Co-authors "Mob Boss"
- Tuesday, April 3 - 2:30am
- Hector Figueroa & Joshua Freeman - Labor
- Tuesday, March 27 - 2:30am