This edition: Jeremy Travis, pres. of John Jay College/CUNYTweet
Original tape date: March 23, 2010.
Doug is joined by Dr. Jeremy Travis, President of John Jay College of Criminal Justice/CUNY. They discuss the recent John Jay College of Criminal Justice report "Stop, Question & Frisk Policing Practices in New York City: A Primer" authored by its Center on Race, Crime and Justice.The purpose of the report is to present data on stop, question and frisk practices in New York City - the trends, the geographic concentrations of this form of police activity, the reasons for the stops, the results of the stops, and the racial breakdown of the New Yorkers who have been stopped.
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
Dr. Jeremy Travis President, John Jay College of Criminal Justice/ CUNY
- James D. Zirin, Author: "The Mother Court"
- Tuesday, July 24 - 2:30am
- "New York's New Edge" authors David Halle & Elisabeth Tiso
- Tuesday, July 31 - 2:30am
- Thomas P. DiNapoli: New York State Comptroller
- Tuesday, August 7 - 2:30am
- Prof. Ron Daniels - Selma: Historical Event and the Movie
- Tuesday, August 14 - 2:30am
- Robert Paaswell: CCNY Institute of Urban Systems
- Tuesday, July 17 - 2:30am
- Ed Rollins-Sr. Presidential Fellow, Hofstra Univ.
- Tuesday, July 10 - 2:30am
- Bill Rudin, chairman, Association for a Better New York
- Wednesday, July 4 - 9:00am, 3:30pm, 10:30pm
- Thursday, July 5 - 9:00pm
- Heather Quinlan: Documentary Filmmaker/The 86 Mets
- Tuesday, July 3 - 2:30am
- Chancellor James B. Milliken
- Tuesday, June 26 - 2:30am