This edition: Ann L. Buttenweiser, author, "Governors Island: The Jewel of New York Harbor"Tweet
Original tape date: April 20, 2010.
Doug is joined by Ann Buttenweiser, author of “Governor’s Island: The Jewel of New York Harbor,” President of the Neptune Foundation and Adjunct Professor at Columbia University, to talk about the city’s plans for Governor’s Island. On July 4, 2007 she opened the nation's only floating swimming pool on the industrial waterfront in Brooklyn. She is also the author of “Manhattan Water-Bound: Manhattan's Waterfront from the Seventeenth Century to the Present,” now in its second edition as well as articles on urban history and planning. She is on the boards of New Yorkers for Parks and Skyscraper Museum. In 2009, she was appointed to the Board of Governors Island Preservation and Education Association.
Ann L. Buttenweiser Author
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
- Chancellor James B. Milliken
- Tuesday, June 26 - 2:30am
- Heather Quinlan: Documentary Filmmaker/The 86 Mets
- Tuesday, July 3 - 2:30am
- Ed Rollins-Sr. Presidential Fellow, Hofstra Univ.
- Tuesday, July 10 - 2:30am
- Robert Paaswell: CCNY Institute of Urban Systems
- Tuesday, July 17 - 2:30am