This edition: Jay H. Walder, Chair/CEO, Metropolitan Transit AuthorityTweet
Original tape date: May 18, 2010.
Doug is joined by the Chair and CEO of the Metropolitan Transit Authority, Jay H. Walder. Chairman Walder began his career in 1983 where he worked for the MTA, heading its capital program budget office and subsequently becoming chief of staff and ultimately executive director and chief financial officer. In those positions he played important roles in the creation of the MTA's first Capital Program and the implementation of the MetroCard. They discuss the financial, and logistical, difficulties facing the MTA and how the organization plans to deal with issues such as the Second Avenue Subway, service cuts, fare hikes and the #7 extension.
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
Jay H. Walder Chairman, Metropolitan Transportation Agency
- William P. Kelly, Interim Chancellor-Designate, CUNY
- Tuesday, March 20 - 2:30am
- John Strausbaugh, author, "The Village: A History of Greenwich Village."
- Tuesday, March 13 - 2:30am
- Cyrus R. Vance, Jr., District Attorney, New York County
- Tuesday, March 6 - 2:30am