This edition: Diane Ravitch, author, "The Death and Life of the Great American School System: How Testing and Choice are Undermining Education." Pt. 1 of 2Tweet
Original tape date: June 1, 2010.
Joining me in the first of a two part conversation on the death and life of the American school system is Diane Ravitch, Research Professor of Education at New York University, historian of education, and blogger. Her most recent book, “The Death and Life of the Great American School System: How Testing and Choice Are Undermining Education,” looks at public school reform and questions the direction in which it is going.
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
Dr. Diane Ravitch Senior Fellow, The Brookings Institution
- William P. Kelly, Interim Chancellor-Designate, CUNY
- Tuesday, March 20 - 2:30am
- John Strausbaugh, author, "The Village: A History of Greenwich Village."
- Tuesday, March 13 - 2:30am
- Cyrus R. Vance, Jr., District Attorney, New York County
- Tuesday, March 6 - 2:30am