This edition: Diane Ravitch, author, "The Death and Life of the Great American School System: How Testing and Choice are Undermining Education." Pt. 2 of 2Tweet
Original tape date: June 1, 2010.
Joining Doug in the second part of a two part conversation on the death and life of the American school system is Diane Ravitch, Research Professor of Education at New York University, historian of education, and blogger. Her most recent book, “The Death and Life of the Great American School System: How Testing and Choice Are Undermining Education,” looks at public school reform and questions the direction in which it is going.
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
Dr. Diane Ravitch Senior Fellow, The Brookings Institution
- Chancellor James B. Milliken
- Tuesday, June 26 - 2:30am
- Heather Quinlan: Documentary Filmmaker/The 86 Mets
- Tuesday, July 3 - 2:30am
- Ed Rollins-Sr. Presidential Fellow, Hofstra Univ.
- Tuesday, July 10 - 2:30am
- Robert Paaswell: CCNY Institute of Urban Systems
- Tuesday, July 17 - 2:30am
- James D. Zirin, Author: "The Mother Court"
- Tuesday, July 24 - 2:30am