This edition: From Shirtwaist to Wisconsin: Labor Unions and the American Worker. Pt. 2 of 2Tweet
Original tape date: March 29, 2011.
Host Doug Muzzio sits down with Ed Ott, Joshua Freeman ,a dn Arthur Cheliotes to discuss labor unions and the American labor force. Topics discussed are the politics of the working force, the structure of labor unions, the problem of illegal immigrants against labor unions, public education for the regular American worker, the taxes of numerous groups of people, and the involvement of democracy within the American workforce.
“From Shirtwaist to Wisconsin: Labor Unions and the American Working Experience” Guests: Ed Ott, Distinguished Lecturer in Labor Studies at the Murphy Institute/CUNY; Joshua Freeman, labor historian and Distinguished Professor, CUNY Graduate Center; Arthur Cheliotes, Pres., Local 1180, Communication Workers of America.
Arthur Cheliotes President, Local 1180, Communication Workers of America
Prof. Joshua B. Freeman Author, Labor Historian
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
Ed Ott Distinguished Lecturer, Joseph S Murphy Institute for Worker Education, CUNY
- James D. Zirin, Author: "The Mother Court"
- Tuesday, July 24 - 2:30am
- "New York's New Edge" authors David Halle & Elisabeth Tiso
- Tuesday, July 31 - 2:30am
- Thomas P. DiNapoli: New York State Comptroller
- Tuesday, August 7 - 2:30am
- Prof. Ron Daniels - Selma: Historical Event and the Movie
- Tuesday, August 14 - 2:30am
- Robert Paaswell: CCNY Institute of Urban Systems
- Tuesday, July 17 - 2:30am
- Ed Rollins-Sr. Presidential Fellow, Hofstra Univ.
- Tuesday, July 10 - 2:30am
- Bill Rudin, chairman, Association for a Better New York
- Wednesday, July 4 - 9:00am, 3:30pm, 10:30pm
- Thursday, July 5 - 9:00pm
- Heather Quinlan: Documentary Filmmaker/The 86 Mets
- Tuesday, July 3 - 2:30am
- Chancellor James B. Milliken
- Tuesday, June 26 - 2:30am