This edition: Karl E. Meyer and Shareen Blair Brysac, authors, "Pax Ethnica, Where and How Diversity Succeeds."Tweet
Original tape date: April 24, 2012.
First aired: April 25, 2012.
Doug is joined by Karl E. Meyer and Shareen Blair Brysac, authors of "Pax Ethnica, Where and How Diversity Succeeds". For the book, Meyer and Brysac undertook a two-year exploration of oases of civility, places notable for minimal violence and pragmatic compromises on cultural rights. They explored the Indian state of Kerala, the Russian republic of Tatarstan, the city of Marseille in France, the city of Flensburg, Germany, and the borough of Queens, New York. Through scores of interviews, they document ways and means that have proven successful in defusing ethnic tensions.
Shareen Blair Brysac Author
Karl E. Meyer Author
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
- Chancellor James B. Milliken
- Tuesday, June 26 - 2:30am
- Heather Quinlan: Documentary Filmmaker/The 86 Mets
- Tuesday, July 3 - 2:30am
- Ed Rollins-Sr. Presidential Fellow, Hofstra Univ.
- Tuesday, July 10 - 2:30am
- Robert Paaswell: CCNY Institute of Urban Systems
- Tuesday, July 17 - 2:30am