This edition: Richard Murphy, former Ambassador to Saudi Arabia Secretary of StateTweet
Original tape date: November 26, 2012.
First aired: November 28, 2012.
The newspaper headlines record the old conflicts in the Middle East and report on the new controversies that erupt just as you think the situation may be under control. To help clarify a very complex and fast-moving situation is our welcome guest, Richard W. Murphy, former US ambassador to Saudi Arabia, Mauritania, Syria and the Philippines. Named Career Ambassador, Mr. Murphy served as US Assistant Secretary of State for Near Eastern and South Asian Affairs. He has been a Senior Fellow for the Middle East at the Council on Foreign Relations and is a frequently consulted expert. The conversation deals with a potential power struggle in Egypt and the tenuous Israel-Hamas ceasefire.
Richard W. Murphy Former U.S. Ambassador to Saudi Arabia, Syria, the Philippines and Mauritania
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
- George A. King III. - NY Post
- Tuesday, April 24 - 2:30am
- Richard Ravitch - State Budget Crisis Task Force
- Tuesday, April 17 - 2:30am
- "One Doctor" by Brendan Reilly, M.D.
- Tuesday, April 10 - 2:30am
- Jerry Capeci & Tom Robbins, Co-authors "Mob Boss"
- Tuesday, April 3 - 2:30am
- Hector Figueroa & Joshua Freeman - Labor
- Tuesday, March 27 - 2:30am