This edition: Marc Dolan, CUNY Graduate Center, and author, "Bruce Springsteen and the Promise of Rock 'n' Roll."Tweet
Original tape date: November 26, 2012.
First aired: December 5, 2012.
Marc Dolan is on the faculty of John Jay College of Criminal Justice and the CUNY Graduate Center, where he teaches English, American Studies and Film Studies. Professor Dolan joins Doug Muzzio to talk about "The Boss," the subject of Dolan's latest book: "Bruce Springsteen and the Promise of Rock 'n' Roll." This lively conversation includes an analysis of the cultural, economic, political and biographical forces that shaped Springsteen's music, asking who's a Jersey Guy? and what's a Jersey Guy? After listing their all-time favorite concerts, albums, and songs both host and guest agreed that "The Boss" would always be up there in the Rock 'n' Roll Pantheon.
Marc Dolan Author, Professor, The City University of New York
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
- James D. Zirin
- Wednesday, October 12 - 9:30am, 4:30pm, 9:30pm
- Thursday, October 13 - 3:30am
- Saturday, October 15 - 7:30pm
- Sunday, October 16 - 11:30am
- Political Wiseguys Discuss the Clinton/Trump Debate #1
- Wednesday, September 28 - 9:30am, 4:30pm, 9:30pm
- Thursday, September 29 - 3:30am
- Saturday, October 1 - 7:30pm
- Sunday, October 2 - 11:30am