This edition: Marc Dolan, CUNY Graduate Center, and author, "Bruce Springsteen and the Promise of Rock 'n' Roll."Tweet
Original tape date: November 26, 2012.
First aired: December 5, 2012.
Marc Dolan is on the faculty of John Jay College of Criminal Justice and the CUNY Graduate Center, where he teaches English, American Studies and Film Studies. Professor Dolan joins Doug Muzzio to talk about "The Boss," the subject of Dolan's latest book: "Bruce Springsteen and the Promise of Rock 'n' Roll." This lively conversation includes an analysis of the cultural, economic, political and biographical forces that shaped Springsteen's music, asking who's a Jersey Guy? and what's a Jersey Guy? After listing their all-time favorite concerts, albums, and songs both host and guest agreed that "The Boss" would always be up there in the Rock 'n' Roll Pantheon.
Marc Dolan Author, Professor, The City University of New York
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
- James D. Zirin, Author: "The Mother Court"
- Tuesday, July 24 - 2:30am
- "New York's New Edge" authors David Halle & Elisabeth Tiso
- Tuesday, July 31 - 2:30am
- Thomas P. DiNapoli: New York State Comptroller
- Tuesday, August 7 - 2:30am
- Prof. Ron Daniels - Selma: Historical Event and the Movie
- Tuesday, August 14 - 2:30am
- Robert Paaswell: CCNY Institute of Urban Systems
- Tuesday, July 17 - 2:30am
- Ed Rollins-Sr. Presidential Fellow, Hofstra Univ.
- Tuesday, July 10 - 2:30am
- Bill Rudin, chairman, Association for a Better New York
- Wednesday, July 4 - 9:00am, 3:30pm, 10:30pm
- Thursday, July 5 - 9:00pm
- Heather Quinlan: Documentary Filmmaker/The 86 Mets
- Tuesday, July 3 - 2:30am
- Chancellor James B. Milliken
- Tuesday, June 26 - 2:30am
- Ian Vandewalker
- Tuesday, June 19 - 2:30am