This edition: Jonathan Bowles, Executive Dir., Center for an Urban FutureTweet
Original tape date: March 18, 2013.
First aired: March 20, 2013.
As the (pretend) new deputy mayor for economic development (pretend), Doug Muzzio asks Jonathan Bowles, executive director of the Center for an Urban Future to identify trends and to make policy recommendations. Highlighting three areas of growth: technology, business start ups, and information acquisition-exemplified by New York's libraries-Bowles and Muzzio while confident about the future, ask how to turn small businesses into larger enterprises; how to support libraries as community centers; how to build skills for a strong middle-class.
Jonathan Bowles Executive Director, Center for an Urban Future
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
- James D. Zirin, Author: "The Mother Court"
- Tuesday, July 24 - 2:30am
- "New York's New Edge" authors David Halle & Elisabeth Tiso
- Tuesday, July 31 - 2:30am
- Thomas P. DiNapoli: New York State Comptroller
- Tuesday, August 7 - 2:30am
- Prof. Ron Daniels - Selma: Historical Event and the Movie
- Tuesday, August 14 - 2:30am
- Chancellor James B. Milliken, The City University of New York
- Tuesday, August 21 - 2:30am
- Robert Paaswell: CCNY Institute of Urban Systems
- Tuesday, July 17 - 2:30am
- Ed Rollins-Sr. Presidential Fellow, Hofstra Univ.
- Tuesday, July 10 - 2:30am
- Bill Rudin, chairman, Association for a Better New York
- Wednesday, July 4 - 9:00am, 3:30pm, 10:30pm
- Thursday, July 5 - 9:00pm
- Heather Quinlan: Documentary Filmmaker/The 86 Mets
- Tuesday, July 3 - 2:30am
- Chancellor James B. Milliken
- Tuesday, June 26 - 2:30am