This edition: John Strausbaugh, author, "The Village: A History of Greenwich Village."Tweet
Original tape date: June 17, 2013.
First aired: July 10, 2013.
John Strausbaugh's latest book, "The Village: 400 Years of Beats and Bohemians, Radicals and Rogues, a History of Greenwich Village," reminds us of the extraordinary conglomeration of people who inhabited this particular piece of Manhattan - beginning in the 1640's to today. John Strausbaugh and Doug Muzzio exchange their experiences and memories of "the Village," remembering events, people and places from history and from today.
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
John Strausbaugh Author, "The Village: 400 Years of Beats and Bohemians, Radicals and Rogues, A History of Greenwich Village"
- James D. Zirin, Author: "The Mother Court"
- Tuesday, July 24 - 2:30am
- "New York's New Edge" authors David Halle & Elisabeth Tiso
- Tuesday, July 31 - 2:30am
- Thomas P. DiNapoli: New York State Comptroller
- Tuesday, August 7 - 2:30am
- Prof. Ron Daniels - Selma: Historical Event and the Movie
- Tuesday, August 14 - 2:30am
- Robert Paaswell: CCNY Institute of Urban Systems
- Tuesday, July 17 - 2:30am
- Ed Rollins-Sr. Presidential Fellow, Hofstra Univ.
- Tuesday, July 10 - 2:30am
- Bill Rudin, chairman, Association for a Better New York
- Wednesday, July 4 - 9:00am, 3:30pm, 10:30pm
- Thursday, July 5 - 9:00pm
- Heather Quinlan: Documentary Filmmaker/The 86 Mets
- Tuesday, July 3 - 2:30am
- Chancellor James B. Milliken
- Tuesday, June 26 - 2:30am