This edition: Terry Golway, "Machine Made"Tweet
Original tape date: May 19, 2014.
First aired: May 28, 2014.
To the Irish immigrant haunted by the potato famine and bigotry of the Know Nothing movement, Tammany Hall's support of the poor to enter the middle class, planting the seeds of the New Deal, was a godsend. Terry Golway, author of "Machine Made: Tammany Hall and the Creation of Modern American Politics," gives us a revisionist view of Tammany Hall. A great read!
Terry Golway Author, "Machine Made: Tammany Hall and the Creation of Modern American Politics", Kean University Center for History, Politics & Policy
- Chancellor James B. Milliken, The City University of New York
- Tuesday, August 21 - 2:30am
- New York City Comptroller Scott M. Stringer
- Tuesday, August 28 - 2:30am
- Prof. Ron Daniels - Selma: Historical Event and the Movie
- Tuesday, August 14 - 2:30am
- Thomas P. DiNapoli: New York State Comptroller
- Tuesday, August 7 - 2:30am
- "New York's New Edge" authors David Halle & Elisabeth Tiso
- Tuesday, July 31 - 2:30am
- James D. Zirin, Author: "The Mother Court"
- Tuesday, July 24 - 2:30am
- Robert Paaswell: CCNY Institute of Urban Systems
- Tuesday, July 17 - 2:30am