This edition: Robert Paaswell: CCNY Inst. of Urban Systems-Pt 2Tweet
Original tape date: October 28, 2014.
First aired: November 5, 2014.
The ARC Tunnel (Access to the Region's Core) leads the conversation in Part 2 of the discussion of transportation with Robert Paaswell, director of the CCNY Institute of Urban Systems. New rail tunnels between New Jersey and Manhattan were considered important to the growth of the area. Construction for the The ARC Tunnel begun in 2009, was cancelled in 2010 by Governor Chris Christie, citing the cost of overruns.
Prof. Robert E. Paaswell Distinguished Professor of Civil Engineering; CUNY Institute of Urban Systems, The City College of New York/CUNY
- James D. Zirin, Author: "The Mother Court"
- Tuesday, July 24 - 2:30am
- "New York's New Edge" authors David Halle & Elisabeth Tiso
- Tuesday, July 31 - 2:30am
- Thomas P. DiNapoli: New York State Comptroller
- Tuesday, August 7 - 2:30am
- Prof. Ron Daniels - Selma: Historical Event and the Movie
- Tuesday, August 14 - 2:30am
- Robert Paaswell: CCNY Institute of Urban Systems
- Tuesday, July 17 - 2:30am
- Ed Rollins-Sr. Presidential Fellow, Hofstra Univ.
- Tuesday, July 10 - 2:30am
- Bill Rudin, chairman, Association for a Better New York
- Wednesday, July 4 - 9:00am, 3:30pm, 10:30pm
- Thursday, July 5 - 9:00pm
- Heather Quinlan: Documentary Filmmaker/The 86 Mets
- Tuesday, July 3 - 2:30am
- Chancellor James B. Milliken
- Tuesday, June 26 - 2:30am