This edition: Phil Coltoff - "The Block: One Block in the South Bronx"Tweet
Original tape date: March 31, 2015.
First aired: April 8, 2015.
Author Phil Coltoff guides us to "The Block: One Block in the South Bronx, 1940s-1980s" near Crotona Park, where he grew up, played soft ball, met friends, and ultimately, left. The place and people remain as memories. The Bronx - post Cross Bronx Expressway and Coop City is discussed.
Philip Coltoff Author, Visiting Professor, “The Block”; NYU Silver School of Social Work
- Robert Paaswell: CCNY Institute of Urban Systems
- Tuesday, July 17 - 2:30am
- James D. Zirin, Author: "The Mother Court"
- Tuesday, July 24 - 2:30am
- "New York's New Edge" authors David Halle & Elisabeth Tiso
- Tuesday, July 31 - 2:30am
- Thomas P. DiNapoli: New York State Comptroller
- Tuesday, August 7 - 2:30am
- Prof. Ron Daniels - Selma: Historical Event and the Movie
- Tuesday, August 14 - 2:30am
- Ed Rollins-Sr. Presidential Fellow, Hofstra Univ.
- Tuesday, July 10 - 2:30am
- Bill Rudin, chairman, Association for a Better New York
- Wednesday, July 4 - 9:00am, 3:30pm, 10:30pm
- Thursday, July 5 - 9:00pm
- Heather Quinlan: Documentary Filmmaker/The 86 Mets
- Tuesday, July 3 - 2:30am
- Chancellor James B. Milliken
- Tuesday, June 26 - 2:30am
- Ian Vandewalker
- Tuesday, June 19 - 2:30am