This edition: Doing Business in NYC: "The Booze Biz"Tweet
Original tape date: December 6, 2006.
CityWide with Ken Fisher continues the theme of “Doing Business in New York” with an episode focused on “The Booze Business.”
Guests include Stephen Hindy, the Chairman and President of The Brooklyn Brewery, which he co-founded in 1987, and Anthony Didio, a 25-year veteran of the food and wine business; now with the wine importer and distributor, Lauber Imports.
Hindy and Didio discusses the significant changes in the fine wine and beer industry, especially in New York with more knowledgeable consumers and an increased number of upscale restaurants. Hindy explains how he and his neighbor started The Brooklyn Brewery and how the name “Brooklyn” is only one factor in the brand’s great success. Didio shares how he visits new restaurants, seeking to introduce them to the output of smaller vineyards and the art of pairing the right food with just the right wine.
Tony DiDio Director, Lauber Imports
Ken Fisher Host, CityWide
Steve Hindy President, The Brooklyn Brewery
- Big Issues - Crime and NYPD Policing
- Thursday, June 14 - 5:30am
- Richard Steier, editor of The Chief-Leader, the New York City-based civil service weekly newspaper focused on municipal government and labor unions.
- Thursday, May 31 - 5:30am
- Thursday, June 7 - 5:30am
- Big Issues - NYC Waterfront Post Sandy
- Thursday, May 24 - 5:30am