This edition: Doing Business in NYC: The Technology BizTweet
Original tape date: February 7, 2007.
During this edition of CityWide, the series theme "Doing Business in New York City," turns to the technology business. Host Ken Fisher speaks with John David, President of the Acumen Group, a 15-year-old technology consulting firm that specializes in custom software and David Lerner, co-founder of Tekserve, the Apple Computer specialty retailer founded in 1987.
David Lerner explains how Tekserve began with a focus on repairing the often over-heating first Apple computers and has now become a major New York City retailer, with almost 200 employees.
John David's 15-year old software firm provides services to corporations, and explains how his firm has been able to grow as the complexity of business needs evolves.
Some of the other topics include how these firms have managed to flourish despite an industry dominated by large public companies; increased concerns about security for personal computers users; and the challenge of addressing customer service needs.
- Talking Politics-National & Local / Working Families
- Thursday, January 25 - 5:30am
- Thursday, February 1 - 5:30am
- Keith Wright
- Thursday, February 8 - 5:30am
- Thursday, February 15 - 5:30am
- Josh Benson, co-founder and co-editor of Capital New York
- Thursday, January 11 - 5:30am
- Thursday, January 18 - 5:30am
- Immigrant Teenagers in New York City
- Thursday, December 28 - 5:30am
- Thursday, January 4 - 5:30am