This edition: Doing Business in NYC: LaborTweet
Original tape date: June 6, 2007.
During this edition of "CityWide", the theme "Doing Business In New York City," continues with a leading figure in New York's labor movement, Ed Ott, the Executive Director of the New York City Central Labor Council. Series host Ken Fisher speaks with Ott about whether the continued variety of reports of business expansion and growth has also so positively impacted workers. Ott details where the strength in the economy has most affected workers, and points out that a large number of non-unionized immigrant workers are not enjoying the benefits that others are experiencing. The discussion includes the labor leader's mostly positive views of the Bloomberg Administration and the latest PlaNYC proposals, including the building of a very large number of affordable housing units.
Ken Fisher Host, CityWide
Ed Ott Distinguished Lecturer, Joseph S Murphy Institute for Worker Education, CUNY
- Big Issues - Jobs / Jonathan Bowles
- Thursday, March 22 - 5:30am
- Fernando Ferrer, former Bronx Borough Pres. and co-chairman, Mercury Public Affairs
- Thursday, March 8 - 5:30am
- Thursday, March 15 - 5:30am
- Talking Politics - National & Local / Andrew Rasiej
- Thursday, February 22 - 5:30am
- Thursday, March 1 - 5:30am