This edition: Big Issues - Transportation - NYC TaxisTweet
Original tape date: May 7, 2013.
First aired: May 15, 2013.
CityWide series host Ken Fisher talks with Commissioner David Yassky, Chairman of the New York City Taxi and Limousine Commission. Yassky discusses how technology and demand for increased service has changed the conversations about taxis and livery services, and dramatically advanced their operations. The "Taxi of the Future," use of smart phone applications and plans for the sale of medallions are all covered in the conversation.
David Yassky is the eleventh person to serve as Commissioner/Chairman of the New York City Taxi and Limousine Commission. He was nominated by Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg on March 12, 2010 and his term will expire on January 31, 2017. Most recently, Yassky completed eight years of service in the New York City Council, representing the neighborhoods of Brooklyn Heights, Park Slope, Greenpoint and Williamsburg.
Ken Fisher Host, CityWide
David Yassky Commissioner/Chairman, New York City Taxi and Limousine Commission
- Talking Politics-National & Local / Working Families
- Thursday, January 25 - 5:30am
- Thursday, February 1 - 5:30am
- Keith Wright
- Thursday, February 8 - 5:30am
- Thursday, February 15 - 5:30am
- Josh Benson, co-founder and co-editor of Capital New York
- Thursday, January 11 - 5:30am
- Thursday, January 18 - 5:30am
- Immigrant Teenagers in New York City
- Thursday, December 28 - 5:30am
- Thursday, January 4 - 5:30am
- Robert Boyle/Port Authority of New York & New Jersey
- Thursday, December 21 - 5:30am