This edition: Citizens Budget CommissionTweet
Original tape date: May 15, 2014.
First aired: May 21, 2014.
CityWide series host Ken Fisher continues the 18th season on CUNY-TV, talking with Carol Kellermann, President of the New York City Citizens Budget Commission (CBC).
CBC describes itself as "a watchdog, a research organization, a monitor of implementation and a disseminator of information." Kellermann has over 25 years experience in leadership positions in non-profit, philanthropic, and government settings. As Executive Director and CEO of the September 11 Fund she oversaw the $500+ million charitable fund, which provided grants and assistance for the short and long term needs of victims of the September 11th attacks. Prior to that, she was Executive Director of Learning Leaders, the oldest and largest volunteer program in the New York City public schools. Kellermann has been chief of staff to then Congressman Charles E. Schumer and held various executive positions in New York City government, including Deputy Commissioner of the NYC Department of Finance. She holds degrees from Harvard Law School and Harvard College.
Carol Kellermann President, Citizens Budget Commission
- Talking Politics-National & Local / Working Families
- Thursday, January 25 - 5:30am
- Thursday, February 1 - 5:30am
- Keith Wright
- Thursday, February 8 - 5:30am
- Thursday, February 15 - 5:30am
- Josh Benson, co-founder and co-editor of Capital New York
- Thursday, January 11 - 5:30am
- Thursday, January 18 - 5:30am
- Immigrant Teenagers in New York City
- Thursday, December 28 - 5:30am
- Thursday, January 4 - 5:30am