This edition: Strange Physics of the Mind?
Two fundamental theories -- quantum mechanics and relativity -- have changed forever our understanding of reality. Quantum mechanics describes the very small-scale structure of atoms and their components. Relativity describes the
very large-scale structure of space and time. Today's panelists discuss why some physicists have suddenly become obsessed with using physics to explain the human mind, consciousness and how we think. Joining host Robert Kuhn are sci-fi novelist Gregory Benford; physicist James Trefil; consciousness expert David Chalmers; philosopher of mind John Searle; and theoretical physicist Fred Alan Wolf.
- What is the Doomsday Argument?
- Sunday, July 22 - 5:00pm
- How Could God Make Miracles?
- Monday, July 30 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, July 31 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, August 1 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, August 5 - 5:00pm
- How Do Consciousness and Language Relate?
- Monday, August 13 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, August 14 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, August 15 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, August 19 - 5:00pm