This edition: Can Science Seek the Soul?
Belief in the existence of the "spiritual essence" of an immortal soul has infused human thought and history. Still, most of today's scientists remain materialists who believe that only the physical world is real. Today's topic pits the scientific materialists against those who believe in the concept of "dualism," which requires some nonphysical component -- call it a "soul" -- to transform the human brain into the human mind. Joining host Robert Kuhn are neuropsychologist Warren Brown; parapsychologist Dean Radin; transpersonal psychologist Charles Tart; philosopher of mind John Searle; and theoretical physicist Fred Alan Wolf.
- Multiverse: What's Real?
- Monday, October 1 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, October 2 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, October 3 - 12:30pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 10:00am
- Sunday, October 7 - 5:00pm
- Critical Realism in Science and Theology (Ernan McMullin)
- Monday, October 8 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, October 9 - 8:00am, 2:05pm
- Wednesday, October 10 - 12:30pm
- Saturday, October 13 - 10:00am
- Sunday, October 14 - 5:00pm
- Why Consonance in Science and Theology?
- Monday, October 15 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, October 16 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, October 17 - 12:30pm
- Saturday, October 20 - 10:00am
- Sunday, October 21 - 5:00pm
- Does Consciousness Require a Radical Explanation?
- Monday, October 22 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, October 23 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Can God and Science Mix?
- Monday, August 27 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, August 28 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, August 29 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 2 - 5:00pm