This edition: How do Breakthroughs Change Science?
The "big breakthroughs" in science seeming to be "bigger" than ever, and happening faster and faster. But just how do scientists challenge current belief to come up with scientific breakthroughs? Today's group of scientific experts discusses the role of independent scientific study; how "paradigms" work in science; and whether scientific discoveries are conditioned by the prevailing culture. Joining host Robert Kuhn are astrophysicist Neil deGrasse
Tyson; author/astronomer Timothy Ferris; evolutionary biologist Francisco Ayala; professor of neuroscience and philosophy Patricia Smith Churchland; and child psychologist Rochel Gelman.
- What Exists?
- Monday, January 15 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, January 16 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Why Philosophy of Physics & Cosmology?
- Monday, January 1 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, January 2 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, January 3 - 12:30pm
- Observing Physics, Observing Nature?
- Monday, December 18 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, December 19 - 8:05am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, December 20 - 12:30pm