This edition: How do Breakthroughs Change Science?
The "big breakthroughs" in science seeming to be "bigger" than ever, and happening faster and faster. But just how do scientists challenge current belief to come up with scientific breakthroughs? Today's group of scientific experts discusses the role of independent scientific study; how "paradigms" work in science; and whether scientific discoveries are conditioned by the prevailing culture. Joining host Robert Kuhn are astrophysicist Neil deGrasse
Tyson; author/astronomer Timothy Ferris; evolutionary biologist Francisco Ayala; professor of neuroscience and philosophy Patricia Smith Churchland; and child psychologist Rochel Gelman.
- Multiverse: What's Real?
- Monday, October 1 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, October 2 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, October 3 - 12:30pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 10:00am
- Sunday, October 7 - 5:00pm
- Critical Realism in Science and Theology (Ernan McMullin)
- Monday, October 8 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, October 9 - 8:00am, 2:05pm
- Wednesday, October 10 - 12:30pm
- Saturday, October 13 - 10:00am
- Sunday, October 14 - 5:00pm
- Why Consonance in Science and Theology?
- Monday, October 15 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, October 16 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, October 17 - 12:30pm
- Saturday, October 20 - 10:00am
- Sunday, October 21 - 5:00pm
- Does Consciousness Require a Radical Explanation?
- Monday, October 22 - 9:00pm
- Can God and Science Mix?
- Monday, August 27 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, August 28 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, August 29 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 2 - 5:00pm