This edition: Will Gene Therapy Change the Human Race?
The revolutionary medical breakthrough of gene therapy is much more than the treatment of disease by altering human DNA -- it offers the intriguing possibility of creating "designer children." Today's experts debate the benefits of and difference between genetic therapy and genetic enhancement, and the ethical impact of altering human evolution. Joining host Robert Kuhn are evolutionary biologist Francisco Ayala; gene therapist French Anderson; best-selling author and surgeon Sherwin Nuland; biophysicist Gregory Stock; and neuroscientist Allan Tobin.
- What Exists?
- Monday, January 15 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, January 16 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, January 17 - 12:30pm
- Why Philosophy of Physics & Cosmology?
- Monday, January 1 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, January 2 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, January 3 - 12:30pm
- Observing Physics, Observing Nature?
- Tuesday, December 19 - 8:05am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, December 20 - 12:30pm