This edition: What is Conciousness?
It's the stuff of our private selves, that which gives us our personal and collective identity. But just what is this thing called consciousness? Experts say that this human experience called consciousness is a mental experience, of the mind but not of the brain. Today's panelists look inside the mind and talk about just what is and what's so special about human consciousness. Joining host Robert Kuhn are physicist James Trefil; consciousness expert David Chalmers; philosopher of mind John Searle; anthropologist Marilyn Schlitz; and theoretical physicist Fred Alan Wolf.
- What is Philosophy of Biology?
- Monday, June 18 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, June 19 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, June 20 - 12:30pm
- Cosmology and Creation?
- Monday, June 4 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, June 5 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, June 6 - 12:30pm
- Does Consciousness Require a Radical Explanation?
- Monday, May 21 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, May 22 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, May 23 - 12:30pm
- Saturday, May 26 - 9:30am