This edition: Can Technology Transform Society?
It's unstoppable and unavoidable, and it's blowing to bits communication, business and life as we know it. Technology is making prettier television pictures, smart houses and smart cars, changing every aspect of business and government, shrinking the world and giving access to anything to almost anyone. Today's panelists discuss how technology is forever changing life as we know it and how change and continuing growth are just as unstoppable as social change is inevitable. Joining host Robert Kuhn are geopolitical economist Francis Fukuyama; artificial intelligence expert Marvin Minsky; technological innovator George Kozmetsky; scientist and sci-fi novelist Gregory Benford; and biophysicist Gregory Stock.
- Multiverse: What's Real?
- Monday, October 1 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, October 2 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, October 3 - 12:30pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 10:00am
- Sunday, October 7 - 5:00pm
- Critical Realism in Science and Theology (Ernan McMullin)
- Monday, October 8 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, October 9 - 8:00am, 2:05pm
- Wednesday, October 10 - 12:30pm
- Saturday, October 13 - 10:00am
- Sunday, October 14 - 5:00pm
- Why Consonance in Science and Theology?
- Monday, October 15 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, October 16 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, October 17 - 12:30pm
- Can God and Science Mix?
- Monday, August 27 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, August 28 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, August 29 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 2 - 5:00pm