This edition: Can Technology Transform Society?
It's unstoppable and unavoidable, and it's blowing to bits communication, business and life as we know it. Technology is making prettier television pictures, smart houses and smart cars, changing every aspect of business and government, shrinking the world and giving access to anything to almost anyone. Today's panelists discuss how technology is forever changing life as we know it and how change and continuing growth are just as unstoppable as social change is inevitable. Joining host Robert Kuhn are geopolitical economist Francis Fukuyama; artificial intelligence expert Marvin Minsky; technological innovator George Kozmetsky; scientist and sci-fi novelist Gregory Benford; and biophysicist Gregory Stock.
- What is the Doomsday Argument?
- Monday, July 16 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, July 17 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, July 18 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, July 22 - 5:00pm
- How Could God Make Miracles?
- Monday, July 30 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, July 31 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, August 1 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, August 5 - 5:00pm
- How Do Consciousness and Language Relate?
- Monday, August 13 - 9:00pm