This edition: When Will This Universe Ever End?
There are two basic theories about how the universe will end. Neither are pleasant. The first spells out an inward-rushing, squashing-together of all things and the second has everything flying apart and dissipating into nothingness. But recent and startling findings are putting all guesses up for grabs. Listen in as people who get paid to ponder the end of the universe put their best theories on the table. Joining host Robert Kuhn are Nobel Laureate and physicist Leon Lederman; cosmologist Wendy Freedman; physicist/cosmologist Andrei Linde; theologian Nancey Murphy and mathematician Frank Tipler.
- What Exists?
- Monday, January 15 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, January 16 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Why Philosophy of Physics & Cosmology?
- Monday, January 1 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, January 2 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, January 3 - 12:30pm
- Observing Physics, Observing Nature?
- Monday, December 18 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, December 19 - 8:05am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, December 20 - 12:30pm