This edition: Will Intelligence Fill the Universe?
There are three questions that speak directly to human uniqueness and purpose. 1) Does intelligent non-human life exist anywhere in the universe?; 2) Given the fullness of time, will human beings spread across the galaxies?; and 3) Is there something special about this universe that causes or even requires self-aware creatures like human to appear? Today's experts look at humankind and whether the evolution of conscious beings was an accident or a necessity. Joining host Robert Kuhn are Nobel Laureate and physicist Leon Lederman; evolutionary biologist Francisco Ayala; planetary scientist Bruce Murray and mathematician Frank Tipler; and sci-fi novelist GregoryBenford.
- What Exists?
- Monday, January 15 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, January 16 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, January 17 - 12:30pm
- Why Philosophy of Physics & Cosmology?
- Monday, January 1 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, January 2 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, January 3 - 12:30pm
- Observing Physics, Observing Nature?
- Monday, December 18 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, December 19 - 8:05am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, December 20 - 12:30pm