This edition: Will Intelligence Fill the Universe?
There are three questions that speak directly to human uniqueness and purpose. 1) Does intelligent non-human life exist anywhere in the universe?; 2) Given the fullness of time, will human beings spread across the galaxies?; and 3) Is there something special about this universe that causes or even requires self-aware creatures like human to appear? Today's experts look at humankind and whether the evolution of conscious beings was an accident or a necessity. Joining host Robert Kuhn are Nobel Laureate and physicist Leon Lederman; evolutionary biologist Francisco Ayala; planetary scientist Bruce Murray and mathematician Frank Tipler; and sci-fi novelist GregoryBenford.
- Multiverse: What's Real?
- Monday, October 1 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, October 2 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, October 3 - 12:30pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 10:00am
- Sunday, October 7 - 5:00pm
- Critical Realism in Science and Theology (Ernan McMullin)
- Monday, October 8 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, October 9 - 8:00am, 2:05pm
- Wednesday, October 10 - 12:30pm
- Saturday, October 13 - 10:00am
- Sunday, October 14 - 5:00pm
- Why Consonance in Science and Theology?
- Monday, October 15 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, October 16 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, October 17 - 12:30pm
- Saturday, October 20 - 10:00am
- Sunday, October 21 - 5:00pm
- Does Consciousness Require a Radical Explanation?
- Monday, October 22 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, October 23 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Can God and Science Mix?
- Monday, August 27 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, August 28 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, August 29 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 2 - 5:00pm