This edition: Is Science Fiction Science?
Original tape date: May 30, 2006.
Science Fiction enables scientific creativity to break free, unrestricted by the laws of nature as we know them, and allows contemporary issues to be explored in radically different environments than the normal trappings. By definition, Science Fiction is a genre that creates alternate scenarios and then watches them play out.
Guests: Michael Crichton, David Brin, Octavia E. Butler. Host: Robert L. Kuhn.
- What is Philosophy of Biology?
- Monday, June 18 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, June 19 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, June 20 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, June 24 - 5:00pm
- When Brains Go Bad?
- Monday, July 2 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, July 3 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, July 4 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, July 8 - 5:00pm
- What is the Doomsday Argument?
- Monday, July 16 - 9:00pm