This edition: What Makes Music So Significant?
Every known human culture has music, and how the brain recognizes and appreciates music -- a field known as the neurobiology of music -- reveals that there is no one 'music center' in our brain. Although specific parts of the brain are dedicated to the sense of sound, vast areas must work together to generate the complex experience we call music, including areas of working memory, forethought, movement and emotion.
- What Exists?
- Monday, January 15 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, January 16 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Why Philosophy of Physics & Cosmology?
- Monday, January 1 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, January 2 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, January 3 - 12:30pm
- Observing Physics, Observing Nature?
- Monday, December 18 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, December 19 - 8:05am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, December 20 - 12:30pm