This edition: Does Psychiatry Have a Split Personality?
Mental health is a significant national issue yet psychiatry still remains suspect as a science. In fact, psychiatry is said to have a "split personality," with the traditional psychiatrists and psychologists on one side and the high-tech medical scientists also called the biomedical psychiatrists on the other side. Do these new techniques tip the scale and put psychiatry into the realm of science and take it out of the realm of philosophy?
Guests: Nancy C. Andreasen M.D, Ph.D.; Robert Epstein, Ph.D.; Peter Loewenberg, Ph.D. Host: Robert L. Kuhn.
- What Exists?
- Monday, January 15 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, January 16 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Why Philosophy of Physics & Cosmology?
- Monday, January 1 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, January 2 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, January 3 - 12:30pm
- Observing Physics, Observing Nature?
- Monday, December 18 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, December 19 - 8:05am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, December 20 - 12:30pm