This edition: Can Religion Withstand Technology?
A skeptic, a devout Muslim scientist, and an expert in the sociology of religion examine an intriguing paradox: as the world becomes more scientific, extreme religions are gaining ground. More people than ever before are devout as measured by attendance in houses of worship. In the U.S. alone, on a percentage basis, three times more people attend a church, synagogue, temple, or mosque than did when the nation was founded.
Guests: Muzaffar Iqbal, Donald Miller, Michael Shermer. Host: Robert L. Kuhn.
- What is the Doomsday Argument?
- Monday, July 16 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, July 17 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, July 18 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, July 22 - 5:00pm
- How Could God Make Miracles?
- Monday, July 30 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, July 31 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, August 1 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, August 5 - 5:00pm
- How Do Consciousness and Language Relate?
- Monday, August 13 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, August 14 - 8:00am, 2:00pm