This edition: Testing New Drugs: Are People Guinea Pigs?
Instituted in the sixties, clinical drug trials today have become a vast and expensive enterprise in which drug companies can spend over $100 million to bring a new molecule to market. FDA procedures are complex and elaborate as they should be, in order to bring new drugs to market quickly to help people in need, but to do good science to protect the public from a drug's potentially dangerous side effects.
- What is the Doomsday Argument?
- Sunday, July 22 - 5:00pm
- How Could God Make Miracles?
- Monday, July 30 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, July 31 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, August 1 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, August 5 - 5:00pm
- How Do Consciousness and Language Relate?
- Monday, August 13 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, August 14 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, August 15 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, August 19 - 5:00pm