This edition: Getting a Second Chance
Original tape date: March 7, 2012.
First aired: March 7, 2012.
How long should people convicted of a crime be barred from the workplace? CJM explores recent moves in New York and elsewhere to remove hiring restrictions that can turn an arrest or conviction into a life sentence.
August Arias Volunteer, Time Square Ink at the Midtown Community Court, and formerly incarcerated
Stephen Handelman Director, John Jay College Center on Media, Crime & Justice
Ann Jacobs Director of the Prisoner Reentry Institute, John Jay College/CUNY
Wes Thompson Staff Member, Center for Employment Opportunities and formerly incarcerated
Mindy Trower Director of the city's Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO);
- Bill Moyers: A Conversation About Rikers Island and Justice
- Tuesday, October 2 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, October 3 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 7:30am
- Sunday, October 7 - 6:30pm
- Latino/a Lives (Also) Matter
- Tuesday, September 4 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, September 5 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, September 8 - 7:30am
- Sunday, September 9 - 6:30pm