This edition: Getting a Second Chance
Original tape date: March 7, 2012.
First aired: March 7, 2012.
How long should people convicted of a crime be barred from the workplace? CJM explores recent moves in New York and elsewhere to remove hiring restrictions that can turn an arrest or conviction into a life sentence.
August Arias Volunteer, Time Square Ink at the Midtown Community Court, and formerly incarcerated
Stephen Handelman Director, John Jay College Center on Media, Crime & Justice
Ann Jacobs Director of the Prisoner Reentry Institute, John Jay College/CUNY
Wes Thompson Staff Member, Center for Employment Opportunities and formerly incarcerated
Mindy Trower Director of the city's Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO);
- John Jay's New President Speaks Out on Justice in America
- Tuesday, July 3 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, July 4 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, July 7 - 7:30am
- Sunday, July 8 - 6:30pm
- Seeing Rape: Student playwrights address the taboo
- Tuesday, June 5 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, June 6 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, June 9 - 7:30am