This edition: Getting a Second Chance
Original tape date: March 7, 2012.
First aired: March 7, 2012.
How long should people convicted of a crime be barred from the workplace? CJM explores recent moves in New York and elsewhere to remove hiring restrictions that can turn an arrest or conviction into a life sentence.
August Arias Volunteer, Time Square Ink at the Midtown Community Court, and formerly incarcerated
Stephen Handelman Director, John Jay College Center on Media, Crime & Justice
Ann Jacobs Director of the Prisoner Reentry Institute, John Jay College/CUNY
Wes Thompson Staff Member, Center for Employment Opportunities and formerly incarcerated
Mindy Trower Director of the city's Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO);
- Tuesday, February 6 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, February 7 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, February 10 - 7:30am
- Sunday, February 11 - 6:30pm
- Tuesday, February 13 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, February 14 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Bill Moyers: A Conversation About Rikers Island and Justice
- Tuesday, January 2 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, January 3 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, January 6 - 7:30am
- Sunday, January 7 - 6:30pm
- Tuesday, January 9 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, January 10 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, January 13 - 7:30am
- Sunday, January 14 - 6:30pm