This edition: The Dream Act: A Dream Deferred?
First aired: June 6, 2012.
The Dream Act: A Dream Deferred?
This month's Criminal Justice Matters focuses on The Dream Act and immigration issues - pegging it to both the election campaign and likely Supreme Court decision on Arizona's SB1070 statute in June.
Guests: Prof. Monica Varsanyi of John Jay College of Criminal Justice/CUNY, one of the country's leading experts on undocumented immigration issues. Steve is joined also by two students, Angy Rivera and Julian Aldana, from John Jay College who have been deeply involved in the campaign to get the New York State Dream AAct passed—and have shown great courage in coming out of the shadows to make the DREAM a reality.
- Tuesday, February 6 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, February 7 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, February 10 - 7:30am
- Sunday, February 11 - 6:30pm
- Tuesday, February 13 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, February 14 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, February 17 - 7:30am
- Sunday, February 18 - 6:30pm
- Bill Moyers: A Conversation About Rikers Island and Justice
- Tuesday, January 2 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, January 3 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, January 6 - 7:30am
- Sunday, January 7 - 6:30pm
- Tuesday, January 9 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, January 10 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, January 13 - 7:30am
- Sunday, January 14 - 6:30pm