This edition: Feeding the Beast: The 'New Normal' of Crime Journalism
Original tape date: February 19, 2013.
First aired: March 6, 2013.
Even the best crime reporters today are overwhelmed by the sheer quantity of news they have to cover. Online news sites, Twitter, Facebook, and 24/7 deadlines are the 'new normal' for the media. Are we losing sight of journalists’ role as democracy watchdogs? Is journalism still an honorable occupation?
Alexa Capeloto Former Enterprise Editor, San Diego Union Tribune, Journalism Professor, John Jay College/CUNY
Stephen Handelman Director, John Jay College Center on Media, Crime & Justice
Ahmed Jaradat Reporter, The Sentinel, John Jay’s student newspaper
Dave Krajickek Columnist, New York Daily News
- Bill Moyers: A Conversation About Rikers Island and Justice
- Tuesday, October 2 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, October 3 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 7:30am
- Sunday, October 7 - 6:30pm
- Latino/a Lives (Also) Matter
- Tuesday, September 4 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, September 5 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, September 8 - 7:30am
- Sunday, September 9 - 6:30pm