This edition: The NYPD: The Good, The Bad & the Future
First aired: October 2, 2013.
Guests: Delores Jones Brown, Founding Director of John Jay College’s Center on Race, Crime and Justice; Maki Haberfeld, Chair of Law, Police Science & Criminal Justice, John Jay College; Monami Maulik, Executive Director of Desis Rising Up & Moving (DRUM), a leading advocacy group for the South Asian community.
What’s next for the New York Police Department? With the leading candidates in this year’s mayoralty race proposing starkly different visions of policing, in the midst of controversy over stop-and-frisk, spying on Muslim groups and other alleged bias, Criminal Justice Matters explores where the NYPD has been—and where it’s going.
Delores Jones Brown Founding Director, John Jay College’s Center on Race, Crime and Justice
Maki Haberfeld Chair of Law, Police Science & Criminal Justice, John Jay College
Monami Maulik Executive Director, Desis Rising Up & Moving (DRUM)
- Bill Moyers: A Conversation About Rikers Island and Justice
- Tuesday, October 2 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, October 3 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 7:30am
- Sunday, October 7 - 6:30pm
- Latino/a Lives (Also) Matter
- Tuesday, September 4 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, September 5 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, September 8 - 7:30am
- Sunday, September 9 - 6:30pm