This edition: That's So Gay: Violence and the LGBT Community
Original tape date: April 2, 2014.
First aired: May 7, 2014.
Hostility towards those whose sexual orientation isn’t “mainstream” can too easily spill over into discrimination and violence. In the next episode of Criminal Justice Matters, noted performance artist and John Jay College professor, Dr. Kevin Nadal and program host Stephen Handelman lead a frank Town Hall discussion with students on how the often-unrecognized “micro-aggressions” against members of the LGBT community can develop into real threats.
Kevin Nadal, Ph.D. Associate Professor of Psychology, John Jay College
- Seeing Rape: Student playwrights address the taboo
- Wednesday, November 7 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, November 10 - 7:30am
- Sunday, November 11 - 6:30pm
- Bill Moyers: A Conversation About Rikers Island and Justice
- Tuesday, October 2 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, October 3 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 7:30am
- Sunday, October 7 - 6:30pm