This edition: Incarceration Nation: Why Is America the World's Biggest Jailer?
First aired: September 3, 2014.
With two million Americans behind bars, the U.S. leads the world in the number of incarcerated individuals. A recent study says the consequences to our democracy have been profound. Criminal Justice Matters host Stephen Handelman discusses the findings with John Jay College President Jeremy Travis, chair of the study, and with Larry White, a notable prison reformer who spent 32 years in New York’s maximum security prisons.
- How Can We Stop Online Violence
- Tuesday, May 1 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, May 2 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, May 5 - 7:30am
- Sunday, May 6 - 6:30pm
- How To Be Smart About Cybersecurity
- Tuesday, April 3 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, April 4 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, April 7 - 7:30am
- Sunday, April 8 - 6:30pm