This edition: Incarceration Nation: Why Is America the World's Biggest Jailer?
First aired: September 3, 2014.
With two million Americans behind bars, the U.S. leads the world in the number of incarcerated individuals. A recent study says the consequences to our democracy have been profound. Criminal Justice Matters host Stephen Handelman discusses the findings with John Jay College President Jeremy Travis, chair of the study, and with Larry White, a notable prison reformer who spent 32 years in New York’s maximum security prisons.
- Tuesday, February 6 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, February 7 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, February 10 - 7:30am
- Sunday, February 11 - 6:30pm
- Tuesday, February 13 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, February 14 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, February 17 - 7:30am
- Bill Moyers: A Conversation About Rikers Island and Justice
- Tuesday, January 2 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, January 3 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, January 6 - 7:30am
- Sunday, January 7 - 6:30pm
- Tuesday, January 9 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, January 10 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, January 13 - 7:30am
- Sunday, January 14 - 6:30pm