This edition: Troubled Youth: Is Our Justice System Failing Them?
First aired: November 5, 2014.
Blunt-spoken Dr. John Deasy, former Los Angeles school czar, describes the transformations in the country’s second largest education system that have dramatically reduced disciplinary suspensions and increased graduation rates with Criminal Justice Matters host Stephen Handelman. They’re joined by Tracie Keesee, co-founder of UCLA’s Center for Policing Equity, for a discussion of the troubled juvenile justice system.
- Behind Closed Doors
- Tuesday, February 5 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, February 6 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, February 9 - 7:30am
- Sunday, February 10 - 6:30pm
- NYC Justice Corps Gives At-Risk Youth the Tools to Succeed
- Tuesday, January 8 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, January 9 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 7:30am
- Sunday, January 13 - 6:30pm