This edition: Home from the War: Aquatics for VetsTweet
Original tape date: August 16, 2016.
First aired: September 7, 2016.
Former Olympics athlete Dr. Jane Katz, who pioneered swimming therapy at John Jay College, joins returned Afghan vet Jonathan Martinez and former Marine Chaplain Richard Pusateri to discuss her WETS 4 VETS program with Criminal Justice Matters host Stephen Handelman.
After a 35-foot fall from a mortar attack in Afghanistan left Martinez completely paralyzed, he managed to regain full mobility in the few years since. His story of healing both physically and mentally through aquatics, academics and advocating for his fellow veterans in Community Court provides an inspirational model for other veterans and those serving them.
Dr. Jane Katz Master Swimmer and Women's Swimming Coach; Professor, John Jay College of Criminal Justice/CUNY
Jonathan Martinez Veteran / Student, John Jay College of Criminal Justice/CUNY
Richard Pusateri Military & Veterans Services Manager, John Jay College of Criminal Justice/CUNY
- Tuesday, February 6 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, February 7 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, February 10 - 7:30am
- Sunday, February 11 - 6:30pm
- Tuesday, February 13 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, February 14 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, February 17 - 7:30am
- Sunday, February 18 - 6:30pm
- Bill Moyers: A Conversation About Rikers Island and Justice
- Tuesday, January 2 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, January 3 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, January 6 - 7:30am
- Sunday, January 7 - 6:30pm
- Tuesday, January 9 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, January 10 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, January 13 - 7:30am
- Sunday, January 14 - 6:30pm