This edition: Labor and the Grassroots: Working Class Politics in the 21st CenturyTweet
Original tape date: November 25, 2003.
Moderator Bob Liff sits down with a panel of experts to discuss working class politics in the 21st century. Topics include the importance of unions and whether they are more essential now due to our emergence into a more technological era or whether they have run their course as younger workers and immigrants begin to play a more pivotal role in the workforce and view unions simply as another quasi-governmental impediment.
Prof. Joshua B. Freeman Author
Bob Liff Senior Vice President, George Arzt Communications
Prof. Immanuel Ness Professor, Political Science Dept., Brooklyn College/CUNY
Richard Steier Editor, Chief-Leader
- "Let's Get This Party Started!" Elections, Reforms, And Political Participation In New York
- Tuesday, May 15 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, May 17 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, May 19 - 4:00pm
- The Politics and Policy of New York's New Spending Plan
- Tuesday, April 17 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, April 19 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, April 21 - 4:00pm