This edition: The Rise and Fall of Governor Spitzer's Driver's License Proposal: What's Next?Tweet
Original tape date: November 27, 2007.
Moderator Bob Liff and a panel consisting of a practitioner, advocate and analyst discuss the recent proposal by Governor Eliot Spitzer to issue driver’s licenses to undocumented immigrants in the State of New York. Reviewing the conditions under which the Governor’s proposal was made, and the political circumstances which led to its defeat, the panel assesses current concerns around immigration policies in the city, state, and nation. Looking ahead to the 2008 Presidential contest, the panel also attempts to forecast the impact of the Governor’s proposal—and others around the country—on the race for the White House next year.
Leroy Comrie New York City Councilmember (D-Queens)
Ronald Hayduk Professor of Political Science, Borough of Manhattan Community College/CUNY
Bob Liff Senior Vice President, George Arzt Communications
Ana Polanco Political Director, NYS Council Unite Here
- "Let's Get This Party Started!" Elections, Reforms, And Political Participation In New York
- Tuesday, May 15 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, May 17 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, May 19 - 4:00pm
- The Politics and Policy of New York's New Spending Plan
- Tuesday, April 17 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, April 19 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, April 21 - 4:00pm