This edition: Death & Taxes: Fair Share Reform in New YorkTweet
Original tape date: March 24, 2009.
Moderator Bob Liff and 4 experts debate the “Millionaire’s Tax” in New York State. The panel examines the current economic crisis and service cuts in New York, while weighing the impact of higher tax rates for New Yorkers who earn more than $250,000. The panel debates the merits and pitfalls of a “Millionaire’s Tax,” while analyzing the history of taxation in New York. The panel also explores the politics of the “Fair Share Tax Reform” bill, which has produced enormous controversy in the New York State Legislature, as well as in the Governor’s Mansion in Albany.
Jason Kang Angell Director, Center for Working Families
Mark Lieberman Senior Economist, Fox Business Network
Bob Liff Senior Vice President, George Arzt Communications
E.J. McMahon Senior Fellow, Center for Civic Innovation, The Manhattan Institute
Prof. Immanuel Ness Professor, Political Science Dept., Brooklyn College/CUNY
- Outcomes 2018: What Comes After the Elections?
- Tuesday, December 11 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, December 13 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 15 - 9:00am
- Sunday, December 16 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, December 18 - 3:00pm
- Tuesday, January 1 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, January 3 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 9:00am
- Sunday, January 6 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, January 8 - 3:00pm
- Politics in the Cloud: New Media, New Journalism and the Public Sphere
- Sunday, November 11 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, November 13 - 3:00pm