This edition: Refacing City Hall? Change and Continuity in the Council ChamberTweet
Original tape date: November 24, 2009.
Moderator Bob Liff and a panel consisting of four newly-elected members of the City Council of New York discuss the makeup of the body, as well as the changes and continuing trends in local legislation during Mayor Bloomberg’s third term. The Council Members-Elect, all of whom beat incumbents, examine the divisions that may play out after they take office in January, 2010. What will the 2010 legislative agenda look like, and how will it be shaped by the changing demographics of the Council, the factionalism of borough delegations, and the balance of power between the Council and Mayor’s office?
Margaret S. Chin Member-Elect, City Council of New York, District 1
Daniel P. Dromm Member-Elect, City Council of New York, District 25
Bob Liff Senior Vice President, George Arzt Communications
Deborah Rose Member-Elect, City Council of New York, District 49
Hon. Jumaane D. Williams Member-Elect, City Council of New York, District 45
- Outcomes 2018: What Comes After the Elections?
- Tuesday, December 11 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, December 13 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 15 - 9:00am
- Sunday, December 16 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, December 18 - 3:00pm
- Tuesday, January 1 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, January 3 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 9:00am
- Sunday, January 6 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, January 8 - 3:00pm
- Politics in the Cloud: New Media, New Journalism and the Public Sphere
- Saturday, November 10 - 9:00am
- Sunday, November 11 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, November 13 - 3:00pm