This edition: Immigration and Security in New York: W(h)ither Secure Communities?Tweet
Original tape date: October 25, 2011.
First aired: November 7, 2011.
Moderator Bob Liff and a panel of experts debate the "Secure Communities" program in New York, as well as the City's legislative efforts to withdraw from the federal immigrant detainment program. Does "Secure Communities" make our City safer? Or does it serve as a racial profiling program, which deports innocent New Yorkers, breaking up innocent families of undocumented immigrants?
Bob Liff Senior Vice President, George Arzt Communications
Heather MacDonald John M. Olin fellow, Manhattan Institute
Hon. Melissa Mark-Viverito New York City Council, District 8
Prof. Peter Markowitz Director, Kathryn O. Greenberg Immigration Justice Clinic
Robert Smith Professor, Baruch College
- The Politics and Policy of New York's New Spending Plan
- Tuesday, September 4 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, September 6 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, September 8 - 9:00am
- Sunday, September 9 - 4:00pm
- No recent shows on the schedule