This edition: Educational Access and Attainment in New YorkTweet
Original tape date: October 29, 2014.
First aired: November 3, 2014.
Moderator Bob Liff and a panel of experts discuss the politics of New York City's public education system. The panel assesses problems facing teachers and administrators responsible for delivering a quality education to more than one million school children. The panel weighs competing policy approaches to improving a massive schools system, which must incorporate new populations and needs in the future. The Common Core, testing, and charter schools are debated.
Clara Hemphill Director, Center for New York City Affairs, The New School
Bob Liff Moderator
Catherine Nolan Member, New York State Assembly
Mr. Basil Smikle, Jr. President & Founder, Smikle Associates
Dr. Joseph P. Viteritti Professor and Chairperson, Hunter College, Urban Affairs and Planning
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Outcomes 2018: What Comes After the Elections?
- Tuesday, December 18 - 3:00pm
- Tuesday, January 1 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, January 3 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 9:00am
- Sunday, January 6 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, January 8 - 3:00pm