This edition: The Pros and Cons of New York's "ConCon"Tweet
Original tape date: September 27, 2017.
First aired: October 3, 2017.
Moderator Bob Liff and a panel of experts meet for a spirited debate about the Constitutional Convention vote in New York State. Should New Yorkers vote "YES" to fix the State's political process, decried my many as "dysfunctional"? If New Yorkers do vote to hold a "ConCon," will powerful interests hijack the process and use it to undermine the civil rights, labor and environmental protections that many in this state hold dear? In other words, should voters in New York be driven by hope or fear when they go to the polls on November 7?
Henry Garrido Executive Director, District Council 37 (DC 37)
Bertha Lewis President & Founder, The Black Institute
Donna Lieberman Executive Director, New York Civil Liberties Union (NYCLU)
Bob Liff Host/Moderator
Bill Samuels Chairman, EffectiveNY
- Outcomes 2018: What Comes After the Elections?
- Tuesday, December 11 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, December 13 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 15 - 9:00am
- Sunday, December 16 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, December 18 - 3:00pm
- Politics in the Cloud: New Media, New Journalism and the Public Sphere
- Tuesday, October 30 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, November 1 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, November 3 - 9:00am
- Sunday, November 4 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, November 6 - 3:00pm
- Thursday, November 8 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, November 10 - 9:00am
- Sunday, November 11 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, November 13 - 3:00pm